Broken and Chipped Teeth
Accident? Old dentistry falling apart? Cavities weakening your teeth? Neglected teeth? Fractured teeth?
If your tooth is chipped or broken Nista Family Dental Center can see you the same day that you call for your appointment. Our office is equipped to take care of your problem the first time that you come in.
Whether it’s a simple filling that you need before an important event later in the day, or back teeth needing crowns prepared so that you can chew again, our office and schedule is designed to take care of your emergency. Call us today for an appointment 724-733-3762.
Broken and chipped teeth are usually the result from at least one of three reasons:
- Trauma. Blunt force trauma to the face and/or head can cause tremendous forces to crack, chip, and break teeth. Objects placed between the teeth (pipe, fingernails, etc.) can do the same.
- Cavities. Cavities are actually collections of bacteria that feed off of the tissues of the teeth. Enamel, being the hardest substance in the body, comprises the outer layer of the tooth. The inner layer of the tooth is called dentin, which is softer than enamel and typically has nerve endings. Because of the softer nature of dentin compared to enamel, dentin is much more prone to having cavities. When the dentin and/or enamel has a large enough cavity, in just the right location, the tooth can be weakened to the point that a crack, chip, or break can occur when the tooth is stressed during chewing or biting.
- Heavy grinding of teeth(bruxism). Stress can cause in increased amount of grinding of the teeth, especially at night during sleep. This grinding can crack and chip teeth. This is the least damaging cause of chipped teeth. However, bruxism can wear away teeth over time causing other significant dental problems.
Broken and Chipped teeth are typically fixed with bonded fillings(white) or crowns. See our Dental Restoration page for more detail.
Emergency Dentist in Export, PA
We accept same-day emergency appointments. Call us today at (724) 733-3762
Emergency dentistry of one form or another may be necessary as a result of several situations, but regardless of the patient’s issue, at that moment of desperation, nothing may have a greater priority. Understanding that there are times when an individual may be in a state of dental urgency, our philosophy at Nista Family Dental Center, regardless of our schedule load, is to offer new patients with immediate dental care. We are open evenings (late hours) & also on weekends for your convenience.
Dental emergencies may result in varying degrees of pain, severe pressure, or simple frustration and desperation. Situations that can result in a dental emergency include:
- Broken or Fractured teeth – Pain on biting
- Severe facial or gingival (gum) swelling
- Wisdom teeth
- Gingival bleeding
- Missing tooth or teeth, or dental prosthesis
- Gum abscensses
- Pulpal abscesses
- Trauma to tooth from accidents.
If you are experiencing tooth pain and are in need of an emergency dentist, please call Dr. Nista at (724) 733-3762.